Suspected gunman kills himself after deadly Munich mall shooting
At least 10 people are dead, including the suspected gunman, after a shooting that began in a shopping centre in the German city of Munich Friday evening.
- At least nine people were killed in the attack, with another 21 injured, according to the police. 16 of the wounded remain in hospital, three of whom in a critical condition.
- Children and young people were among the dead and injured.
- Police have said that the suspected gunman was found dead around 1km from the scene after committing suicide and following a vast manhunt. They believe he was the sole shooter.
- The suspect has been identified as an 18-year-old German-Iranian dual citizen. He was not previously known to police and his motives are as yet unclear, according to officials.
- The attacks started in a fast food restaurant, after which the suspect continued the attack outside, according to police.
- Munich transportation temporarily halted services on multiple trains, tram and bus lines after the shooting.
- Munich’s central train station was evacuated shortly after the shooting.
Follow events as they unfolded with our live blog below.